Friday 16 April 2010

Magazine front cover, featuring the film.



For my second ancillary text I had to create a film magazine front cover that featured my film. In my foundation portfolio I had to create a magazine front cover so I felt like the skills I learned in the year before would help when creating this magazine front cover. I used the research I had done earlier to help me create this front cover and make sure that it worked well as part of my promotional package.

The image I used includes both characters; it is very creepy because I blurred their two faces to now look like one face, half and half. You have to look at the image closely to see that the two faces have been blurred together, however it is very effective and represents the genre of my film. I made sure that the actors featured where in costume so they represented their character and the genre of the film.

I decided to call my magazine The Rush because it has several meanings to it; rushes can refer to the first print from a film, before any editing or changes have happened. I felt this title would be appropriate for my magazine because it suggests that the magazine has the most up to date and exclusive information about films. It could also refer to the rush of excitement you experience when seeing a film at the cinema. I used the convention of placing my mast head at the top of the page in the largest font because it is important that my masthead stands out on my page because it is iconic to the magazine.

I also included other conventions such as three main colours that represent the genre, a main headline with strapline, subheadings, barcode, magazine website, date, issue number, and price. All of these have helped me create a front cover that reflects the industry by using audience expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment